12.15.2009

It's not fair.


Definition of fair on the Web:
Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules.

Is life fair? 
The answer to this question is still to be unknown and is constantly debated over. An interesting subject for philosophers that reaches deep into ideas of the society in which we live. 

I have only just recently become aware of the significance this statement holds. I sit here, without even an emotional or physical scar. No one close to me has died, nor have I suffered any incredible pain. I go to one of the best schools in the State and I live in a house with my own room that is fully air conditioned and furnished. I have a fun job, loving friends and a wonderful family that really care about me. I get almost anything I desire and I sit here wondering whether I really deserve it. What have I done to recieve such a fantastic life? The answer to this question is quite simple. Absolutely nothing. I guess I just got the luck of the draw.

In complete comparison, there are people similar age to me, who have lost family members, or are suffering from great trouble in there life because of certain burdens they must carry. There are kids living on the streets, without food, clothing or shelter. Some teenagers wouldn't be able to get a proper education, and some work hard labour in tough conditions with very little pay.


I felt as though I needed to express my pure frustration with how lucky I am in this post. Recently it has come to my attention that I should appreciate my great fortune to live the life that I do and take nothing for granted. I think that life is too materialistic in some respects and from now on I think I will view life from a different angle.











"If life was fair,

Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead." Johnny Carson.



"Fair is foul, and foul is fair:

hover through the fog and filthy air"
William Shakespeare


lots of love, love cat one.xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers